Thursday 30 June 2011

A 1500 point army list

This saturday I have arranged a game against a mechanised Sisters of Battle army.  I've never played a game against Sisters, so I don't really know exactly what to expect, but after having read their 'acts of faith' I'm a little worried about rending flamers. 

My army list is this

Rune Priest

Wolf Guard Battle Leader
Frost Blade
Storm Shield
Saga of the Warrior Born

3 Wolf Guard
Combi Melta's and Powerfists

5 Wolf Guard Terminators
Cyclone Missile Launcher
3 Wolf Claws
Combi Melta
Thunder Hammer
Storm Shield
Drop pod

8 Grey Hunters
Rhino
Power fist
Mark of the Wulfen
Wolf Standard
Melta gun

8 Grey Hunters
Rhino
Power fist
Mark of the Wulfen
Wolf Standard
Melta gun

8 Grey Hunters
Rhino
Power fist
Mark of the Wulfen
Wolf Standard
Melta gun

Long Fang pack leader
2 Long Fangs
2 Missile Launchers

Long Fang pack leader
2 Long Fangs
2 Missile Launchers

Long Fang pack leader
2 Long Fangs
2 Missile Launchers

The plan is to drop pod the Wolf Guard terminators into his army to cause a nuissance of themselves, hoping diverting him from my advancing Rhinos.  My Long Fangs are there to target any exorcists he takes as well as to destroy any Rhino's that he has.  The Rhino's will advance in a block straight at him, hopefully swamping him with a mass of Grey Hunters supported by the Rune Priest and the Wolf Guard Battle Leader.

I am a little worried about his use of Acts of Faith and how he might outfit a Canoness.  I've never played the Sisters player before (though I have known him for a while), but I have heard that he is one of the best Sisters players in his area from a GW staff member who I have known and played against (someone who's gaming ability I definately respect). 

I've used this army against Blood Angels and demolished them, the block of Grey Hunters supported by the Long Fangs heavy fire was able to deal with most threats that they had on the board.  The terminators didn't do that well, but I think that was more how I used them. 
I'm hoping that this army is flexible enough to deal with any nasty little surprises that the Sisters can throw at me, as I would love to be able to eventually develop a tournament army to one day go to a 40k tournament.

I'll try and take some pictures on Saturday so that I can eventually have my blog's first battle report.  As always, any comments are welcome.  If you have any advice about facing Sisters, that won't go amiss either.

No comments:

Post a Comment